I am currently a member of the California Economic Summit Infrastructure Team, a committee of business leaders, economists, and policy makers across the state providing concrete policy recommendations to the state legislature to address it's infrastructure problems, namely:
- A $765 billion 10-year infrastructure deficit.
- Aging water infrastructure and drought emergency
- Inadequate transportation infrastructure
- Lack of a coordinated approach to plan and finance priority public infrastructure investment
- Inadequate broadband infrastructure
Some of the contributions I've made to the committee include:
- Supporting doubling the size of the pool of revenues the Infrastructure Financing Districts can tap, a measure later adopted by Governor Brown's proposed state budget
- Advising the creation of a regional and local communications effort to inform the public about the need for infrastructure investment.
- Supporting the lowering of the local vote threshold for infrastructure bonds to 55 percent that was later adopted by numerous cities.
- Conducting outreach to community leaders in underserved communities such as Skid Row to ensure they have a measurable benefit from infrastructure investment.